We have already discussed in our last tutorial, how to know if your gmail account is hacked, IF you found out your gmail account is hacked then no need to panic, just follow some simple steps and you will make your account secure.
1. First thing to do is open your gmail account in desktop, then go to last login activity details (As we discussed in our last tutorial )
Then Click on’Sign out all other web sessions’. Google will sign out all logged in sessions of your gmail account anywhere in the world except you are working on.
2. Then reset the password for your account. Go to Gmail settings
Click on change password and change your password.
3. For making your gmail more secure, Enable 2 step verification for your account, it will sent you one time password to your phone every time you log in. So its gives you an extra layer of security for your gmail account. So until you have your phone no one else know the one time password to open your mail account.
4. Last one But important, As we discussed in the last tutorial “How to know if your gmail account is hacked” the hackers use some gmail features to hack your account. Just make sure all your settings are correct, Just go to gmail settings and check all the settings, If you find anything unusual just remove it.
Auto reply/Vacation responder
5. To make your account more secure, please update your account security settings . In this section you can set recovery email address and recovery phone number for your account. You will see all connected device with your gmail account and all the applications which is using your gmail account information. If you see something wrong you can revoke permission.