The main motto of the home wi-fi is to ensure strong and reliable wi-fi connection coverage in the entire apartment. But the most common complaint encountered is coverage. Often your wi-fi network is not capable of following you wherever you lead in the house. It can be quite frustrating when you are entitled to complete a task and the wi-fi coverage forces you to move to the area in your house where the connection is strongest. Google wi-fi replaces your single home router with several points giving you a whole new home wi-fi experience.
Google Wi-Fi manages to give you fast wi-fi connectivity in every single room and on every device. Thus, elimination of dead zones, spotty connections is now possible.
Steps to Setup Google Wi-Fi:
- Install the app
- Plug in the first wi-fi point: using the provided cables, connect the first wi-fi point to your power and modem.
- Go Online: Follow up on the instructions in the app.
Insights on where to fix the wi-fi points:
It depends on some factors like Home construction material and type, Home size, placement of wi-fi points, where you regularly use wi-fi. For a small apartment, one Wi-Fi-point will suffice. Two for the medium sized house and three for a large home. The primary wi-fi point will be connected to your modem.
- Start with the primary point
- Realize where you want strong Wi-Fi connection in your house. Place the next Google wi-fi point approx. halfway in the said direction.
- Find the closest electrical outlet and then plug in your Google Wi-Fi point
Some of the Features are:
- Super-fast wi-fi connection: Each wi-fi point encountered act as a router for optimal connection by producing strong signals.
- Full Coverage: Wi-fi point connection with each other is rather seamless, enabling you to add as many points as you desire without hampering the wi-fi speed.
- Single network: all device: Adopting mesh technology, you can create a single wi-fi network. Stay connected as you move from one room to another.
- Scroll through the connected devices: You can see which all devices are connected and information like which device is using how much bandwidth is now easy.
- Prioritize your traffic: Clear the traffic by prioritizing the device for lighting fast speed when really required.
- Network Assistance: Google wi-fi incorporates Network Assist technology. It does the work of adjusting your router and figuring out the cleanest channel that is optimal for your device.
- Connect your smart home bulbs: Tune in your light bulbs with your wi-fi system. If you have a guest, they too can do.
- Control your kid’s access: Google wi-fi incorporates the feature of schedule pause, wherein you can schedule a wi-fi pause on your kid’s device.
- Stay Connected with your friends: You can find and share the password with your friends at ease. If you wish to establish a separate network for your guests, that too is possible.
- Travel on least congested path: Google Wi-Fi automatically checks for the least congested channel after every five minutes and swapping if needed.
- Security: Setting for controlling the cloud management and security feature such as wireless encryption, secure booting, updates to keep the network secure and safe
Some of the ways you can improve the coverage are:
- Perform Mesh: Test to see if your Wi-Fi points are reliable and strong enough.
- Line of sight: Wi-Fi points outperform when they are at line of sight. Reposition the Google wi-fi points and surpass obstacles like doors, walls to enhance the performance.
- Understand the dependency: Wi-fi points are all interlinked to provide enhanced speed and coverage area. You might be entitled to move altogether a different wi-fi point to fix a particular weak connection.
- Stay off the grounds: Lifting your devices from the ground can aid in performance
Google wi-fi, available online, is like a home Wi-Fi solution to all your problems. It works closely with your internet provider and modem. Experience the lighting fast speed of your Wi-Fi like never before. You can now download, share and browser easily at the comfort of your room away from your modem. Away, still not away.