YouTube, without a doubt is the number one media to make your presence (video / audio) in the world. If you have a small business you can market it through YouTube. By default if you have a Google Account you can just watch, like, and subscribe to the videos. If you want to upload your own video you have to have your channel in YouTube.
I will explain the steps to be followed to create YouTube channel in YouTube for you.
- Got to youtube.com and enter your Google Account credentials to login. You will be able to do this only on desktop or mobile website. Mobile Apps do not support creation of channel.
- Then to the right top side of the page you will see the option to ‘Upload’. Click on that button.
- You will get the option (a button) to click on ‘Create new Channel”. Click on it and that is it – your YouTube channel is created.
You can further edit your youtube channel details from the ‘My Channel’ section. Click on that section and you will get a prompt to create a new youtube channel if you do not have already created one. You can add the description for your channel, change privacy settings of the channel, and the channel layout (for those who upload videos regularly). From the advanced settings page you can manage so many things like AdWords linking, advertisements, subscription counts, recommendations and even gives you the analysis of your video.
If you are running a business and are going to upload videos regularly then use the following steps.
- Log into the YouTube page using your Google Account (Business account) and then click on the profile picture that is at the right top corner.
- Click on settings button and you will get the option to ‘Create new channel”.
- A new page opens up and there you can name the channel and select the category.
By creating a channel for you enables you to comment on and upload videos in your name. When you create a new channel like this a new Google+ page is also created in your new channel’s name.
Some tips before creating a YouTube channel
Above are the steps to create a new YouTube channel. Now let me give you some tips or facts you have to know before deciding on the YouTube channel. The first and most important question you should ask is “why you want to create a YouTube channel”. If you could answer that question satisfactorily then you can go ahead with the decision of the topic, the target audience, frequency of the video uploads, time you can spare for this, whether there are channels already present with the same niche and how patient are you to do this.
Once you have got all the planning done, create YouTube channel. You are starting a new channel in YouTube and now you can upload the videos that you have created or a video that you would like to share with the public.