In the world of smartphones, Android is the ruler. There are over a billion Android powered devices in this planet. As we all know, to use an android phone, one has to log in to his/her Gmail account. The phone works on the Google or Gmail identity of the user. Many of us would have created our Gmail profile, putting a very pretty picture of ourselves in the profile. The profile picture is in fact a better way to help you distinguish between different accounts. Now, if you intend to change the Gmail profile picture, how do you go about doing that?
Change Gmail Profile pic on Android
If you are using an earlier version of the Android operating system (earlier than Android 5.0 – Lollipop), the steps would be similar to the one listed below:-
- Open the gmail mobile app in your Android smartphone.
- Click on the gear icon in the upper-right corner of your Gmail inbox.
- Scroll down the menu and click “Settings” (near the middle) of the drop-down menu.
- In the Settings screen click the “General” tab in the upper-left corner.
- Go down and click the blue “Change picture” link above your thumbnail.
This should change the profile picture in Gmail. However, the steps are a bit different in later versions of Android operating system. Sounds like a difficult proposition, does it? How to change profile picture on Gmail? The Gmail profile picture appears as a small icon against your Gmail account in the Gmail Android App. To see the current Gmail profile picture, try the following:-
- In your Android phone open the Gmail mobile app. If you have only the Gmail account configured, the Gmail profile picture would be displayed. If not, proceed to the next step.
- Tap the three bars in the top left of the Gmail app to bring up the menu list. You should be able to see all the mail accounts that are configured in the Gmail mobile app of your Android smartphone.
- Select the Gmail account for which you wish to see the profile picture. The Gmail profile picture will be displayed.
Take a good look at the profile picture and see if it needs to be changed because when you Add, Change or Remove profile picture on Gmail for Android phones and devices, it will affect all your Google accounts in every devices and platforms. If you have made up your mind that your Gmail profile picture has to be changed, then read through.
To change the Gmail profile picture using the HangOuts app, following these simple steps:-
- Open Hangouts App on your Android device.
- Tap the hamburger (three line) icon on the top left and then tap the Settings option.
- Tap the account you’d like to change the profile photo.
- Tap the Profile Photo option and then select the Take Photo or Choose Photo.
- Your new Google profile picture is updated and would be used in all the Google services.
If the above steps do not work, try creating a contact for yourself called “ME” or updating it with the phone number, email address and latest profile picture. This step is believed to have resolved issues wherein the profile picture in Gmail does not get changed even after repeated attempts.
|Set Your Gmail Out of Office message before going on Holiday|
|Top Gmail tricks you can use to save hours|
|Gmail Advacned search operators you should know|