Google chrome is the fastest browser available for accessing the internet. Which gives so many features to the end users. Here are 10 tips for making browsing more simpler through chrome.
- Google chrome task manager
Chrome has its own task manager, Click “Shift + Esc”, Chrome will show you task manager of all task going on in chrome.
- Change your search engine more accurate(in omnibar)
If you want to change search engine of chrome, Type amazon in URL bar where you want to search and click TAB. Now if you search anything, chrome will do search in that search engine.
- Make your new TAB beautiful and useful.
Make opening new tab in chrome more useful with Momentum. Make your own dashboard with your ‘To-do list, quote of the day, favorite links and a beautiful landscape’.
- Mute/Un-mute TABS
Now everyone do multitasking and sometimes it gets irritating when any websites suddenly starts playing some video/audio in any of these tabs. chrome has found a remedy for these, chrome has enabled a speaker icon in the tab title, you can see the speaker symbol in the tab tile of noisy website. Just click on speaker icon to mute it. and click again to un-mute it
You can enable it by going to chrome://flags/#enable-tab-audio-muting
- Quick Navigation through TABS.
You can switch between Tabs quickly by using the below shortcuts
ctrl+1 for first tab
ctrl+2 for 2nd ta
ctrl+3 for 3rd tab
Ctrl+9 for last tab
- Chrome Remote Desktop
You can also download it on your android/ iOS phone/tab and you can access the desktop through your phone. Its good news for users, who prefer to use touch-pad over mouse. They can access the desktop with phone/tab
- Close the chrome Tabs Easily and quickly.
In chrome, you can close the tabs by just clicking the middle mouse button on the tab any where. no need to click on the exact ‘x’ icon.
- Confused with something while reading in chrome, you can select the word or phrase and right click and directly search into google.
- You can move multi tab at once, you can remove from existing window and open in the new window. Select the tabs with ctrl, and it will act as tabs group
- Sometimes it hard to find the options in settings, so its better to be champion in shortcuts,
ctrl+shift+del clear your browsing data
ctrl+p Go to print window
Alt+F – open chrome settings menu
Ctrl+H – Go to chrome history window
Ctrl+Tab – Navigate in between Tabs
Ctrl+J – Go to downloads window
Alt+Home –Home page
Ctrl+L – Select the URL in the address bar (can use to copy the URL quickly)
Ctrl+N – Go to new browser window
Ctrl+Shift+N – Open a new incognito window
Ctrl+W – Close current Tab
Space bar – Scroll down web page
Shift+space – Scroll up web page